Policies & FAQ
COVID19 currently has no negative impact on the way that I run Gem & Tonik. I work from home in a regularly cleaned and sanitised studio, and I ensure all my work is cleaned thoroughly before posting out orders. Please note that there may be delays with both Domestic and International shipping, so it's best to allow extra time on top of my advertised delivery times just in case. All orders come with detailed tracking, insurance and email updates, so even if your order is delayed, you can still easily keep tabs on it to see when it will arrive.😊
All orders from my shop include discounted postage rates, detailed tracking, insurance and email updates at no extra charge!
The time estimates below are a guide only, based on information given by Australia Post, as well as my experience with shipping Internationally over the last few years.
*Please know I cannot be held responsible if your parcel gets delayed in customs, or if your country has additional customs fees for International packages.
- Standard (2-5 business days): AU$6.50
- Express (1 business day): AU$10.50
- Standard (5-8 business days): AU$13
- Express (2-4 business days): AU$33
- Standard (6-10 business days): AU$20
- Express (2-4 business days): AU$40
- Standard (6-10 business days): AU$16
- Express (2-4 business days): AU$36
- Standard (5-9 business days): AU$12
- Express (2-4 Business days): AU$32
When I do open up slots for custom orders, I do have a few conditions that I like stay true to:
- I require a 50% minimum deposit before I start work on a piece, and that deposit is non-refundable in the event of change of mind or if the remaining balance on the piece is not paid.
- I don't feel comfortable copying the work of another Metalsmith, so won't copy an existing piece from other jewellery companies. I like to keep my designs as original and unique to Gem & Tonik as possible, and like to respect the hard work of other artists.
- As I want to ensure all stones I work with are sustainably sourced, I only work with stones that are in my own collection. This is also for insurance purposes, as working with stones by hand means that they can occasionally be damaged in the creating process.
- As each custom listing is made to order especially for that customer, I cannot offer returns on change of mind or if the wrong ring size is mistakenly requested.
Afterpay - How it Works
Returns & Warranty
Finished Pieces: I will gladly accept returns on any piece that is not listed as Custom or Made To Order. To do this, simply message me via my 'Contact' page within 3 days of delivery, and send the item(s) back via tracked mail within 7 days of delivery. To receive a refund, piece(s) must be returned in their original condition within the timeframe specified above. Refunds will be processed the day that the piece(s) arrive back at my studio, as long as these conditions are met.
Custom & Made to Order Pieces: Custom and Made to Order items are final sale, and therefore not returnable. Please double check your ring size when ordering, as each Made to Order piece is created specifically for the customer that orders it.
Warranty: All pieces purchased from my website come with a 90 day warranty from date of purchase. This covers any accidental manufacturing faults or defects, but will not cover breakage or damage due to misuse, or exposure of stones to chemicals. For information on how to care for your gemstone jewellery and keep it in optimum condition, check out my jewellery care tips further down this page.
Crystal Healing Disclaimer
Made by Hand
If you are looking for something that looks like it came from a catalogue or big box retail store, then I would recommend purchasing from a company that uses pre-fabs or machine-made pieces. However, if you would like something that has been made from the heart, with care, traditional techniques, and with a love for the Earth in mind, then I'd love for you to purchase from me!